It’s Readathon day! and as we start reading, I will unfortunately, be at work for the first couple of hours . But, that is what audiobooks are for!
One but once I get home, I have every intention of not moving from the sofa and getting some serious reading time in, and hopefully, take part in a mini-challenge or three!
As well as updates here, keep an eye on
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
It’s not just books I’m addicted to…
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
Hour 5 Update
So, I’ve made it home from work and am now firmly ensonced on the sofa!
Managed so get some audiobook short stories done, while pretending to do paperwork!
A Rare Book of Cunning Device by Ben Aaronovitch
Click-Clack The Rattlebag by Neil Gaiman
Most of Snapshot by Brandon Sanderson
Now reading : Black Knight by Andy Briggs
The Meet-Up Mini Challenge
Write a paragraph where the MC of your current book meets the MC of your last book.
Dev stepped from the Avro, and greeted the policeman who was stood there waiting (and trying to keep the small dog at his feet from ‘marking his tertiory’ on the side of the ship.
Taking the parcel the PC was offering. “Thanks, for this.” Said Dev. “You’ve got no idea, what trouble this could have caused in the worng hands.”
“Oh, trust me,” replied PC Grant. “I do…”
Dev Singh from The Inventory: Black Knight by Andy Briggs &
PC Grant from A Rare Book of Cunning Device by Ben Aaronovitch