Since the 19th of July, The Book Smugglers have been celebrating their Young Adult Appreciation Month, with guest posts, authors interviews, reviews and giveaways. But today they have thrown the door open to everybody else, to discuss all things Young Adult in the bookish world.
So without further ado, I present, In no particular order, 10 Reasons Why YA Fiction Rocks (Even For Slightly Older Adults!)…
- It’s more about the story, than the cleverness of the author.
- Interesting characters.
- Who not only serve the story, often are the story.
- and who you actually care about.
- Some of the most talented writers in the business write YA.
- John Green.
- Emotionally engaging writing.
- Plot and Meaning
- Great pacing.
- Entertaining and often the most powerful tales you can hope to find.
Feel free to add your own reasons; why young adult fiction rocks, in the comments section. 😀