Sunday Post: 02/04

Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme.

Well. Through a combination of being away, and a quiet blogging period. It’s been a few weekends since I’ve sat down to write one of these posts. I have as my reviews show, managed to read a few really good books in that time though, which has been good. 😀

Work has been really hectic, partly because I’ve been working short weeks, to use up the last of my holiday allocation before they restarted this month, which has been good, but nobody takes over my work when I’m only off for a day, so I’ve spent more time catching up that benefitting from the time off! Typical! 😉

Reviews You May Have Missed

Other Posts You May Have Missed

New Books

A selection of some of the books that have come into my house since my last Sunday Post.

The new Liani Taylor might have made its way home with me yesterday as well… (swipe to see the blue spayed edges!)

A post shared by Darren Owens (@bartsbookshelf) on

Many thanks to @scholastic_uk for sending me the latest in Joshua Khan's #ShadowMagic series for the upcoming blog tour.

A post shared by Darren Owens (@bartsbookshelf) on

Now that's the kind of post to make a Monday worthwhile! Thanks @usborneya. #WillHill #AfterTheFire

A post shared by Darren Owens (@bartsbookshelf) on

I sense a purchase coming on… 😉 @chickenhousebooks @kiran_mh

A post shared by Darren Owens (@bartsbookshelf) on

Something to Listen To

5 thoughts on “Sunday Post: 02/04

• April 13 at 5:04 am

Strange the Dreamer has a beautiful cover and looks absolutely beautiful!
    Also, love the Mountain Goats song. Had no idea they had new stuff out this year, so I really appreciate the share:) Wonderful choice of music!

• April 4 at 1:04 pm

I think I am going to do Strange the Dreamer on audio. I had it preordered in hardback, but then decided I have had better success with her by audio, so cancelled it. Now to get to the audio!

• April 2 at 11:29 pm

Wow. I’m loving all of your new reads! Looking forward to your thoughts about them too. I had last week off and return to work tomorrow. It went by too fast. When I’m off of work there’s nobody to do my job either. But in my line of work we schedule everything each day so it works out.

• April 2 at 10:37 pm

There is always a bunch of work awaiting my return from vacay. I will go in early tomorrow to get a jump on it. The Hate You Give looks really good. Have a great week.

• April 2 at 2:18 pm

I really need to get my hands on Strange the Dreamer. When I used to work I’d hate for people to touch my stuff while I was gone. Yes it always meant I was behind when I got back, but it seemed like other people just didn’t do things the way I did so I’d rather they just let me do it. Glad you’ve been having some enjoyable reads lately! Have a great week!

SP & STS