Book Blogger Hop: Too Many Books I just Can’t Finish

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly Hop that was originally created by Jennifer @ Crazy-For-Books, but is now hosted by Billy @ Ramblings Of A Coffee Addicted Writer.

Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. The hop’s purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.

This week’s question is: How many books have you started, but just couldn’t finish? (submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver’s Reviews)

There’s only a few books that I’ve DNF’d because they’re a steaming pile of poo. Or even that I just don’t get on with them. And if I don’t get on with them, it’s usually because I can’t stand the characters. As long as I like our protagonists, I can wade through much.

I am, though, a serial book-starter. If you look at my Goodreads ‘Currently Reading’ shelf (see the footer of this page). I often have half-a-dozen books started! What with new and tempting books coming in all the time, this inevitably means a few keep get getting shunted for no other reason than, “Oh, look. A shiny new book!” 📚

8 thoughts on “Book Blogger Hop: Too Many Books I just Can’t Finish

• January 30 at 10:43 pm

Shiny new books calling my name is a problem for me as well. I just can’t resist a good new book but I have plenty patiently waiting their turn.

• January 28 at 11:07 pm

Ha ha this is a problem. I try to only read one book at a time, or two tops… but sometimes the newest book is just too tempting. 🙂

• January 28 at 8:25 pm

Sometimes I’m like that, too. That’s why the stack of books on my bedside table is ridiculous. I’ve taken to not putting them on Goodreads until I’ve read them for a few days.

eli @ the (book) supplier
    My Blogger Hop Answer

• January 28 at 12:26 am

Haha. That is a problem! I sometimes have two on the go at once, but never more than that. My aim is always to turn the last page before I start the next. Though it’s true that the lure of a shiny new book is strong.

• January 28 at 12:24 am

LOL on the shiny new book comment!!

I usually don’t stop reading, but last year I did not finish 8 books…six of them were in January. 🙂

Welcome to the Book Blogger Hop!!

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

• January 27 at 10:19 pm

I have to laugh at being a serial book starter. That is so me as well. I’ve started at least ten books so far this year without finishing them. Despite totally enjoying them too.

• January 27 at 9:21 pm

Last year I was serious serial book starter but I ended up being so confused! This year I’m trying to keep it to 3 at a time – an audio, a print book, and an ebook with mixed results. It’s hard not to start all the new pretties!

• January 27 at 12:56 pm

A shiny new book issues are why I don’t finish books, too. lol

Comments for this post are closed. Why not send me a tweet instead?

For more posts like this, please follow me on Bloglovin'