Sunday Salon: 02/01/2010

TSS

The first Sunday Salon of 2010, Wow! where did 2009 go? 😉 The last three days of December saw me wrap-up my 2009 reading with a post each day. What can I say it grew beyond all expectations as I was writing it! 🙂

A lot of bloggers are posting their reading plans for the following year today, so I thought I’d join in. Rest easy though, they’ll take a lot lest time than my wrap-up did!

I’ve only got two resolutions as it were for 2010 and they are:

Reduce the TBR pile: As you may be aware I have put myself on a book acquisition ban for Dec/Jan/Feb to help with this. At the moment my TBR pile stands at 148 books, which is exactly the same as when I started 😐 but at least the books I received over Christmas, didn’t effect it too badly, so I’m calling it a success 🙂

Adult Books: Whilst, I love reading YA books and will shout their awesomeness to anyone who will listed, I missed out on some fantastic novels aimed towards older readers in the last year, so one of my aims this year is achieve a more even balance.

And that’s it, if I can achieve those I’ve got some fantastic reading ahead of me.

So on to today.

I finished off the last 50 pages, of Meg Rosoff’s: What I Was. I’ve really enjoyed all of her novels I’ve read so far and this one was no different, I’ll hopefully be posting a review later this week.

Next up, is either spending some time with Douglas Coupland’s: Girlfriend in a Coma which I actually started before Christmas but left in my desk at work *smacks forehead* or Mitch Albom’s latest Have a Little Faith, which was one of my Christmas presents. But I haven’t quite decided yet.

And lastly, a reminder that my new reading challenge started on New Years Day, if you haven’t already signed up and want to know more, just click on the banner below!

twentyten_long

[If you’re looking for the review pages, I’m running a bit behind, but I should have them up and running by next weekend]

16 thoughts on “Sunday Salon: 02/01/2010

• January 4 at 2:50 am

I really need to read Girlfriend in a Coma! I really just need to read more Coupland. I can’t believe I’ve only read one of his books. Yeah, one of my HUGE goals for 2010 is to reduce the TBR pile, but lets be honest here 😉 I really really really do need to start reading from my shelves though :p
    .-= Chris´s last blog ..I’m Three Today =-.

• January 4 at 11:24 pm

Ah yes, it was your review of Hey Nostradamus! that made me read him last year and why there’s another 4 Couplands on my TBR pile after Girlfriend, wasn’t it! 😛

• January 4 at 12:53 am

I would say “Ahh, the good old days of only having 148 TBR books”, but the truth of the matter is that by the time I started counting, I was already well over that limit. 🙂 Good luck with your resolutions!
    .-= Fyrefly´s last blog ..Sunday Salon: 2009: A Year in Books =-.

• January 4 at 11:26 pm

Ah yes, not matter how bad you think you are there is always someone with a worse TBR mountain than your own, which means somewhere there is someone with a really, really, really scary TBR pile! 🙂

• January 3 at 10:52 pm

Great resolutions!

I’m excited to get started on my challenges for the year (includint Twenty Ten), I hope to spend a bit of time in the next week lining up initial book lists.

Good luck in the coming year!
    .-= Michelle´s last blog ..Sunday Salon – 1/3 =-.

• January 4 at 11:27 pm

Ah, the fun of making book lists… *scurries off to ponder TBR pile*

• January 3 at 10:16 pm

Those are good goals to have! And I definitely share those two for my own reading this year. I think it’s hard to stay balanced. At least if there is an ‘easy’ way I haven’t found it yet!
    .-= Becky´s last blog ..Sunday Salon: Reading, Read, To Read #1 =-.

• January 4 at 11:29 pm

It’s so easy to get into a mode. It doesn’t help that I’m a character junkie, and you can usually guarantee likable characters in a YA novel more so than an ‘adult’ one. Doesn’t mean they’re not there though, so this year, I’m off out looking!

• January 4 at 11:30 pm

Thanks! Let’s hope so!

• January 3 at 8:01 pm

I’m also trying to find a balance between YA and adult fiction, though my adult fiction leans more towards classics than modern stuff. Good luck reducing your TBR pile! My goal is to have at least 50% of my books come off my shelves.
    .-= Amanda´s last blog ..Sunday Salon – the importance of GLBT reading =-.

• January 4 at 11:34 pm

50% is a good plan, if I can end the year at under 100 books on the TBR pile I’ll be happy 😀 Which as it stands at 148 at the moment, leaves me with a similar split if I manage about 100 reads again this year.

• January 4 at 11:35 pm

Didn’t it just?! and thank!

• January 3 at 6:43 pm

Great post. Its been a long time since I did a Sunday Salon post – maybe that should be a resolution for the new year 🙂

I am about to begin my Twenty Ten list now!
    .-= Louise´s last blog ..Burning for Revenge by John Marsden =-.

• January 4 at 11:36 pm

Oooh, have fun!

Comments for this post are closed. Why not send me a tweet instead?

For more posts like this, please follow me on Bloglovin'