Mailbox Monday & Bad Bloggers 19-10-09

Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger

Can you give yourself bad bloggers points? 😉

Somthing Wicked Comes This Way by Ray Bradbury

Always a popular book during the RIP challenges, I couldn’t not grab a copy when it cropped up on Bookmooch. But who’s to blame, well it took a bit of digging, but I do believe that would be Eva!

A Step from Heaven by An Na

Selected because it won the Printz award, and I’m doing the Printz Challenge. 🙂

The Red Tree by Shaun Tan

Who else is to blame but Shaun Tan’s number one fan, Chris! Well that and it was on display at my local Waterstones and I had loyalty points burning a hole in my card!

image

For an upcoming blog tour (4th Nov) Quite looking forward to this one! 🙂

• Bad Bloggers: Is hosted by Chris of Stuff as Dreams are Made on.
  • Mailbox Monday: Is hosted by Marcia, of The Printed Page.  Head over there if you want to see what everyone else has received in the last week or you want to play along.

14 thoughts on “Mailbox Monday & Bad Bloggers 19-10-09

• October 19 at 9:20 pm

I have heard such such good things about it, I really am hoping to get to it after the ‘thon, but before the end of the month, fingers crossed.

• October 19 at 3:33 am

Oh, oh…I see another Ana/Darren Bookmooch fight coming on :/ You actually BOUGHT The Red Tree!! I can’t find that book anywhere!! I’d love to own it. It seems to be out of print everywhere. I have to check Amazon again. Maybe they’re bringing it back in print now that he’s getting more popular. It’s such a gorgeous book. By far, my favorite of his stuff. And The Niffenegger is so good so far!! So is Something Wicked!! I just love that book! Awesome loot this week 🙂
    .-= Chris´s last blog ..All Of The Other Stuff I Was Going To Talk About Yesterday =-.

• October 19 at 9:14 pm

As if I’d survive that fight! 😛

Yep I bought The Red Tree right off the shelves 😀 Just had a look and The Book Depository has a copy… But that is no help is it, because you’re on a book buying ban, aren’t you? :p

• October 19 at 3:40 am

AFter the Moment is a wonderful book, and the author was so nice to talk to in person.
    .-= Amanda´s last blog ..Sunday Salon – Readathon preps and tips =-.

• October 19 at 9:08 pm

I’m looking forward to reading it!

• October 19 at 9:07 pm

Excellent, that is good to hear! 😀

• October 19 at 9:07 pm

It’s my first Shaun Tan so I have high hopes!

• October 19 at 8:38 pm

Gift buyers are evil! I know a copy of Terry Pratchett’s new one has been purchased as a gift for me, and I won’t get to see it until Crimbo!

Comments are closed.