What with the upcoming release of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince film (the world premier was last night in London) I thought I’d do another of my top top ten character lists, this time looking at characters from the Harry Potter books.
Now, I’ve been around the Harry Potter fandom long enough to realise that whoever I chose is as likely to get me flamed as receive nods of agreement! So feel free to disagree and post your own lists in the comments!
I’ll start with making it clear that despite being inspired to post by the upcoming movie. I’m talking about the book characters here, not the film actors ;). I started reading the series around 2001/2 ish when after talking to my brother and his young son about the books, when my nephew handed me the book and told me to read it!
Now, I knew my nephew was the sort to quiz me later! So I thought I’d skim the book and be done with it… Yeah right! Like that was going to happen. 10 days, a chamber, a prisoner and a fiery goblet later, I was a fan!
So, here goes, my ten favourite characters in the series:
- Harry Potter (You’d be surprise at just how many of these lists I’ve seen that miss the poor guy out!)
- Ginny Weasley (I knew from the start, that’s all I’m saying. and you can check out my fanfic if you want proof!)
- Ron Weasley (Best mate a hero could ask for)
- Neville Longbottom (I just knew he’d have his day!)
- Luna Lovegood (For all her scattyness, she’s often the best at saying the right thing)
- Albus Dumbledore
- Hermione Granger
- Severus Snape (I can honestly say I always confident he was Dumbledore’s man, well mostly confident anyway!)
- Minerva Mcgonagall (Everyone’s favourite teacher!)
- Molly Weasley (Everyone’s favourite mum!)
Okay, so who would you pick? And what made you pick up the series in the first place? Or, you can tell me off for not including Sirius in the comments!